WHAT is R.E.A.D.Y?
The purpose of the R.E.A.D.Y program is to create an awareness system for West County EMS & Fire Firefighter/Paramedics. This system will enable us to have necessary medical information in order to better assist and treat our residents.
The primary goal of the R.E.A.D.Y program is to enable quick access to pertinent information when emergency strikes.
How does R.E.A.D.Y Program Work?
Each family or household will be given a folder containing easy to complete medical information forms. The forms can be completed with the help of a West County district representative or on your own. Once the forms are complete, the folder will be placed in an easy to locate designated location designated by you.
A West County Firefighter/Paramedic will be able to locate this folder by going to the refrigerator and finding the magnetic locator board containing the location of the R.E.A.D.Y folder.
As part of this program, we encourage a lock box placed outside the residence that will allow West County EMS & Fire quick entry if an emergency arises and you are unable to open the door and let our crew in. We have lock box's available for $30 by check or one can be purchased at any store. We are more than happy to assist with installation.
Who can benefit from the R.E.A.D.Y Program?
EVERYONE within the West County EMS & Fire district. We encourage all families to take part in this program in order to provide all residents with the best care possible.
How to get started with the R.E.A.D.Y Program?
- Contact West County's Public Relation line at
- Arrange an appointment with a West County district representative, either in home or at the fire station, to fill out your medical information packet.
- Be sure to discuss any questions or concerns you may have with our district representative.
You are now set up with the R.E.A.D.Y Program, what to do NEXT?
- Be sure to keep all medical information up to date.
- Be sure to keep folder in secure easy to find location..
- Make sure to contact us if you have any questions.